£ 1,249.00 – £ 1,799.00
The most affordable home sewage treatment plant on the market* – the BioClean.
*Certified by EN-12566-3, SR66, British Water, UK2020 Septic Tank Upgrade Regulations, CE marked
Available in 6/8 person capacity with gravity/pumped outlets.
Riser kits not needed for normal installations. Riser kits available from 250-750mm for deep installations.
High Quality Low Cost Home Sewage Treatment Plant
The BioClean is the most affordable home sewage treatment plant on the market. It is a durable and compact treatment system that combines high effluent quality with low energy consumption – 25% less than basic aeration systems.
The simple and reliable system design has no moving parts inside, nor is there any need for additives or chemicals to achieve clean effluent. The tank itself is made from durable 8mm reinforced polypropylene and is suitable for for below ground installation without concrete backfill on most sites.
The Biocell Bioclean holds a CE declaration independent test certificate, meets EN12566-3 and SR66 standards and is approved by British Water. We can therefore guarantee the quality of this home sewage treatment plant.
Homeowners, why choose a Biocell BioClean Home Sewage Treatment Plant?
– Unbeatable value, the most affordable home sewage treat plant on the market
– 25% less energy consumption than basic aeration systems
– Shallow dig tank with flat base for quick and easy installation
– No concrete backfill necessary on most sites
– Single piece watertight reinforced tank
– Low running costs paired with high effluent quality
– No need for additives or chemicals
– Odour free
– Rapid delivery nationwide
– Dedicated customer support service and value maintenance packages for all customers
Biocell BioClean for Builders and Installers
– Trade discounts for better profit margins
– High strength tank with no risk of damage during installation
– Shallow dig tank suitable for mini digger to install
– Single piece watertight high-density tank
– Risers for deep installations
– Plug and play complete unit
– Flat base for simple installation – not curved or cone-shaped tanks that are difficult to install
– Rapid nationwide delivery
– Dedicated customer support service and value maintenance packages options for end users
How does the BioClean domestic sewage treatment system work?
The Biocell BioClean is a plug and play domestic sewage treatment plant. The full treatment process happens within a single compact tank. The treatment process is quick, simple and trouble free. It operates quietly and without odour to achieve high treatment standards.
- Raw sewage from the house flows into the BioClean sewage treatment plant. Coarse bubbles break down solids, thereby reducing the need for a large primary chamber.
- The remaining wastewater flows into the secondary zone. In this chamber, it mixes with activated sludge to kick start the biological treatment process. Any remaining solids settle out in this step.
- The small air blower activates and runs, aerating the wastewater via the bubble diffusers in the next chamber of the tank. This mixes and oxygenates the wastewater, allowing naturally occurring bacteria to develop, multiply and feed on the organic material and nutrients. The bacteria clean and decontaminate the sewage to industry leading standards.
- During the final settlement phase, any remaining fine solids in the wastewater settle to the very bottom of the tank producing (activated) sludge which flows back to the primary chamber. The water in the final chamber is now clean and ready for discharge to the soakaway or stream/watercourse.
What happens to the sludge?
Sludge accumulates inside the BioClean which has a total capacity of 3,500l. Like all treatment plants, the sludge should be removed on a regular basis by a professional sewage disposal company who pump it out and take it away for disposal. This is the most economical way to tackle sludge in domestic wastewater treatment systems.
Do I need a riser kit?
A riser kit is only required for deeper than standard installations. Ask your site engineer if in any doubt.
4-50 person systems available
Gravity or pumped
|Electrical Consumption (per day)||
Low energy consumption [ Costs estimates and dependent of you electricity supply cost]
6 persons models: €0.15 / £0.15
96-98% treatment efficiency
|Inlet Pipe Size||
110mm / 4" PVC
|Outlet Pipe Size||
Gravity models: 110mm / 4"
|Manhole Extensions Available||
Yes – to 1000mm total depth from inlet pipe to ground level.
8mm thick polypropylene
3 core 220v supply to plant
EN12566-3, DIBT, British Water approved equipment
Tank and all components CE approved
|Suitable For Below Ground Installation||
Yes – without concrete backfill for most sites