Containerized Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Complete packaged treatment plants in ISO sea containers
- Ideal for portable, temporary and mobile sewage treatment
- 60 – 20,000 person capacity
- Fully automatic
- Ready to use on delivery
- Rapid set up and shut down
- International supply
- Suitable for wide range of applications: worker camps [oil and gas], construction sites, factories, municipal projects, offshore facilities
- Contact us for information, advice or a free quotation and design proposal
Containerized Waste Water Treatment
Biocell Water containerised wastewater treatment plants offer a fast and effective above ground portable wastewater treatment system solution for any site, without the need for any existing infrastructure. Containerized mobile treatment systems are ready to use immediately on delivery and cater from 60 persons to 20,000 persons capacity. A containerised portable sewage treatment plant gives clients the option to relocate it onsite or easily transport it to new sites as necessary. In addition to that, the systems are modular so that they can work together in a variety of combinations effectively dealing with variable wastewater volumes to achieve any effluent quality. We design and manufacture our containerized plants to international standards and provide an international delivery service. With a containerized sewage treatment plant there are no restrictions when it comes to the type of wastewater or the target effluent quality.
Typical Applications for Containerized Sewage Treatment
- Mobile worker camps – oil and gas
- Temporary industrial sites
- Construction sites
- Sites with spatial constraints as containers are stackable
- Temporary treatment
- Municipal wastewater treatment [permanent and temporary]
- Refugee camps
- Military camps
- Offshore facilities
Biocell Containerized STP Capacities and Approvals:
- Organic load: 800 PE per 20ft container
- Daily quantity: up to 10,000m3 daily waste water
- Parallel capacity up to 30,000 PE
- Temperature range: -15 to 50 °C
- COD: 100-50,000 mg/l
- CSC approval
- Static approvals
- DWA/ATV and VDE/VDI guidelines met
How do Containerized STPs Treat Wastewater?
For small scale commercial wastewater treatment applications, we preinstall all treatment modules (processes) inside a single container. The complete treatment process including primary settlement, secondary treatment and clarification happens within the container. This type of packaged plant is ideal for temporary and mobile sewage treatment. For large scale wastewater treatment applications, the treatment modules will depend on the influent and the effluent requirements and characteristics.
- Primary treatment/screening involves mechanical pre-treatment (removal) of inorganic coarse materials and solids by means of a sieving screw built into or on top of the container. We install compact units for grease separation and sand removal. Holding tanks collect the removed waste constituents for separate disposal. In smaller systems, primary treatment can be built into the system by use of settling in a pre-treatment tank. The primary sludge goes for sludge treatment.
- Biological treatment happens when microorganisms convert dissolved contaminants into sludge and gases in the wastewater. The biological treatment process can incorporate an SBR type system, or a fixed bed cascade. The type of biological treatment depends on the wastewater type and concentration. The biological treatment process and all necessary controls are fully built into the container.
- Clarification of the effluent is via the use of lamella separators built into containers providing high flow capacity final clarification prior to discharge.
- Tertiary treatment occurs where stringent discharge limits exist and require the integration of tertiary treatment modules into the treatment process such as chemical dosing, phosphorous reduction and disinfection. For each form of tertiary treatment, there are multiple options, for example: chlorination, ozonation or UV irradiation for disinfection.
Advantages of Conatinerized and Temporary Wastewater Treatment
- All our mobile sewage treatment systems operate in both underload and overload conditions
- Fully automatic operation and simple maintenance by unskilled staff
- The modular system allows for rapid expansion and addition of further treatment processes
- Fast installation with fully pre-installed treatment modules only requires a power connection
- Easy maintenance with standard spare parts available locally
- Suitable for all climate zones
- Container plants achieve maximum efficiency in each step of the treatment process
- Rapid decommission and shut down for quick installation on a new site
- No need for existing infrastructure, only a level base to install the container onto
- Low energy costs with energy saving mode
- Imperceptible noise levels
- Low costs for scheduling and construction
How to Buy a Containerized WWTP
Get in touch if you would like to know more about purchasing a Biocell portable treatment plant. Our technical sales team are happy to give further information and free expert advice. Our temporary treatment plants are available to buy or to rent. We offer finance options so that our clients have a greater degree of flexibility in their choice. Once we know your project requirements, our experts can provide you with a quotation and a free design proposal for a containerized sewage treatment system.