Dissolved Air Flotation [DAF]
- DAF Systems for treatment of factory effluent, food process effluent, industrial effluent
- Complete compact mobile packaged plant
- Fast installation
- Fully automatic operation and low maintenance (no mechanical scrapers)
- Free onsite staff training included in price
- Operates with highly variable wastewater flows
- Increase capacity easily with additional modules
- Operational in all temperatures (insulation optional)
- Portable dissolved air flotation plant allows for onsite relocation
- Low energy costs as a result of more efficient mixing of chemicals and reduced chemical consumption
- Contact us for information, advice or a free quotation and design proposal
DAF Wastewater Treatment System
Dissolved air flotation [DAF] is a treatment process which removes suspended solids, oil and grease from wastewater. Many applications use the DAF process but it is particularly useful for industrial wastewater treatment as it can reduce COD by up to 90%. Dissolved air flotation involves the creation of tiny air bubbles that collect waste particles as they float to the surface. Traditional systems require mechanical scrapers for the separation of flotation sludge whereas our advanced DAF system design does not require mechanical skimmers or motors. In other words, a dissolved air flotation system by Biocell Water is self cleaning.
Inside our complete containerised DAF system, we supply automatic chemical pre-treatment stations to prepare the wastewater, pH neutralisation, the dissolved air flotation reactor, all equipment [side channel compressor, dosing pumps, sensors] and a control panel to control and regulate the entire process. It is a complete packaged dissolved air flotation system that is ready for immediate use. In addition to this, the cylindrical design ensures there are no dead zones – which are a common problem with traditional DAF systems. Finally, the air saturation and mixing procedure in our cylindrical DAF provides better chemical mixing which reduces chemical consumption.
Applications for Dissolved Air Flotation Treatment Plants:
- Food Processing Effluent including Meat and Dairy Wastewater
- Distillery/Brewery/Winery/Beverage Wastewater
- Bakery Wastewater
- Anaerobic Digestion Plant Wastewater
- Oily Water Treatment
- Chocolate Factory Wastewater
Biocell DAF Treatment Plant Capacities and Approvals:
- Manufactured using only CE approved components
- All components manufactured in ISO accredited factory
- All container plants factory tested pre-delivery
- Can operate in temperature range: -15 to 50 °
- CSC approval
- Static approvals
- DWA/ATV and VDE/VDI guidelines met
Advantages of the Biocell Portable DAF Wastewater Container Plant;
Installation – our dissolved air floatation plant comes fully assembled with all treatment technologies preinstalled. Only a level base is required for successful installation and access to a power supply. As it is a complete packaged plant, it is possible to decommission and relocate it onsite if necessary.
Operation – the DAF plant operates fully automatically and in contrast to traditional systems does not require mechanical skimmers for floatation sludge. It is a robust system that can accommodate highly variable wastewater flows and in extreme temperatures. We supply all our systems with chemical mixing stations as standard which reduce energy costs and reduce chemical consumption due to better chemical mixing. We can increase the capacity at any stage with additional modules should there be any increase in factory production.
Maintenance – the maintenance requirements of our DAF system are lower in comparison to those with mechanical scrapers. We provide free onsite staff training to ensure correct operation and optimum performance. Should the system need any replacement or spare parts for routine maintenance, these are widely available and interchangeable with local brands.
How to Buy a DAF Treatment Plant
Get in touch if you would like to know more about a dissolved air flotation [DAF] wastewater treatment plant for factory or process effluent. A member of our technical sales team can provide you with extra information or answer any further questions you may have. Once we know your project requirements, our experts can provide you with a free quotation and free design proposal.
Furthermore, we offer a range of wastewater treatment technologies suitable for treating process effluent or for use in conjunction with a DAF system such as mechanical screens and pre-treatment, biological treatment modules, SBR wastewater treatment plants, clarifiers and sludge management.